Home > Cricut Projects > “Paper Pups” Layout

“Paper Pups” Layout

Here is my first scrapbook page, using the “Paper Pups” cartridge.

Paper Pups layout

I used paper from a clearanced out scrapbook kit from Wal-Mart.  I don’t remember what it’s called.  The ribbon came with the kit.  I ran a strip of it down the side, and put some jewels on it, also from the kit.  The flowers are blossums that I bought at the local rubber stamp convention, last year.  The leaves came with them.  I used brads to attach the flowers.  I got the flower holes lined up perfectly, using the “Big Bite Crop-a-dile”.  It is so awesome!  I punched the holes, then layered the flowers in, with mini brads.

paper pups layout, flowers on side

After cutting out the words, and the pup, I did a little distressing, with the non-smear chalks.  This helped to pop out the lettering, and the picture area.  I did use the Cricut brown marker to make the pup’s eyes.  It was the perfect color.  After getting everything glued down and layered, I used some clear crystal laquer, to accent the die cuts.  (Just a note about my crystal laquer:  I bought this bottle, when I very first started stamping, at least 10 years ago, it may even be older than that, I remember I bought it at the very first rubber stamp store that my friend and I found, and it’s one of my first stamping accents.  I was almost expecting it to be dried up, but it worked just as well as when brand new!  And it came in a plastic bottle, I don’t think I even had to use the needle tool to unplug it!  How’s that for good stuff?)  Added a few crystals to the “M”, in “miss you”.  They came with the kit.

 Paper pups layout lettering

I apologize that I do not remember exactly how I cut the design. That’s what I get,  for not posting right when I get it done. I got behind on here, and this has been waiting for several weeks to get posted. I do know that I used either the shadow, or blackout feature, and maybe a bigger size, for the back layer. I think that I was trying to get a perfect fit, and it did not turn out, so I played around with the image, until I liked it. But then found I had to use the chalks, to get the design to show up very well, considering the paper and colors used. Sometimes things don’t go as planned, but if we keep trying, we can still get something worth using.

Advertisements
Categories: Cricut Projects
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: